We may collect certain types of personal information from our web users, including name, gender, date of birth, residential address, mobile number, hobbies etc.
In addition to information that our web users voluntarily provide us, we will also be collecting certain information that is non-personally identifiable. This information which may include the type of Internet browser used, the IP address, type of computer operating system used, the amount of time spent , the number of pages visited on our website, how users arrived at our Sites etc. This information is used solely for the purpose of developing a more engaging web experience for the users to our website.
When users browse our website, we may assign “cookies” to the user’s computer. A cookie is a text file that contains information that can be accessed by us to gather website statistical data and to aid in customizing the users’ online experience. Cookies are presently installed on our website for the following purposes:
- to detect users’ web browser’s multimedia capabilities;
- to track promotional advertisements that we have displayed to the users;
- to maintain current login and purchase information on secure portions of the website;
- to provide a unique identifier to the users’ computer so that we can obtain statistics regarding website usage. The unique identifiers are not matched with any personal information.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but users can change the browser setting to reject cookies by visiting the Help portion of the browser’s toolbar. If a user chooses to reject cookies, users may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
We will also be employing other standard Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track the user’s usage pattern on our website. We also may include Web beacons in e-mail messages, edms or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. This information will help us to offer customized messages to the users and also enable us to gauge the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, promotions and other services that we provide on our website.
USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED:
We may use the users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the user with personalized content;
- to respond to inquiries;
- to provide an engaging web experience
- to alert users about new promotions, upcoming events etc.
SHARING OF INFORMATION:
We may share users’ personal information with third parties for the purpose of :
- to comply with a court order or other legal process or other legal requirements of any governmental authorities, including but not limited to, authorities which regulate gaming activities.
- In the sole discretion of garden city hotel, in exceptional circumstances, such as a national emergency, security concern, or other situation in which, garden city hotel deems such disclosure is prudent.
- We will not share users’ information with other companies, except where garden city hotel has a contractual arrangement to provide this information to 3rd party supplier in order for the supplier to fulfill his service eg mass mail out. The third-party companies are also bound by the Privacy Act which restricts how users’ personal information are being used. In no event will garden city hotel sell users’ personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may share anonymous or aggregate information with third parties, including advertisers, investors, and partners. Aggregate or anonymous information does not contain any personal information, and its use and disclosure is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
ACCESS TO USERS’ INFORMATION:
To ensure that users have as much control over their personal information as possible, users may review and update their information by logging in to the relevant sections of the websites (if applicable).
INTEGRITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Garden city hotel will undertake all measures to protect users’ personal information from mishandling, loss and any unlawful access. Any personal information we no longer require will be destroyed unless required by law to retain it. Further, Garden city hotel will restrict access to these personal information to only employees who require access in order to carry out their duties.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION:
Garden city hotel has introduced reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of users’ personal information.
Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
CHANGES TO POLICY:
Garden city hotel is committed to provide a safe and secured environment for our guests, employees and to ensure a high standard of integrity of its operation. Our premises and their surroundings are under constant surveillance and information may be collected and used to prevent suspected unlawful and undesirable activities.